Volunteering in CoCo Bongo, is fun and a wonderful cultural exchange.
We host 4-5 volunteers at a time, so check with us on dates and availability.
Volunteering in a small beach town
Volunteering all over the world is always fun. If you’re looking for a nice small beach town and new experiences, volunteer with us by helping with tasks for the Hostel, get to know a little of our day-to-day, make new friends and get to know Bahia.
We welcome volunteers who can commit to helping out for at least a month(We do make some exceptions for shorter stays), but we love it if volunteers stay longer! We take up to 4 volunteers at a time. Volunteers are expected to help out 30 hours a week and assist with a bit of everything – cleaning around the hostel, gardening, helping out with guests making them feel at ease. If you can paint murals, that would be very cool, and we have a few spots left.
As representatives of the hostel, we need you to be polite, friendly, and professional. Shifts vary depending on how many volunteers are here. Also, days off vary depending on the schedule with other volunteers – you’ll receive your schedule each week.
You need to speak some English, and it’s helpful if you know some Spanish.
What we are looking for:
- Painters – 1 week(advanced) or 2 weeks or more for beginners or intermediate.
- Tattoo artist – 1 week
- Influencers – 3 days or longer, something that involved collaboration for both sides.
- Chefs – 1 week – A master class or Influencer promo
- Staff – 4 weeks plus
- Live Music – 3 days or longer
MANAGER – Ever thought of opening your own hostel? Learn how to run the business and take care of the daily operations at our hostel. This is a long-term (3 – 6 months) paid position which requires basic English and High Intermediate Spanish knowledge. Having experience in the field is definitely a plus, but not necessary.
What we offer:
We have a room for our volunteers, which has bunk beds. It right off of the courtyard. In addition, you will have access to the shared kitchen to prepare your meals. You will be able to explore the beautiful Bahia de Caraquez in your free time 🙂
- Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
- EAT – don’t go to bed hungry – your breakfast and vegetarian dinner is covered by us , every day of your stay.
- Free Laundry: You can use our laundry room one load a week freely.
- Bikes at your disposal: You can use our bikes any time you want.
- Games: Chess, Backgammon and Xbox
- Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make